Monday, August 10, 2009

Site Works - 7th August

Today we got the first delivery of brick slips and made our first attempt at constructing a timbrel arch, the first of 4 we need to bear on.
We decided to loose lay the brick slips and work the casting plaster in from the top side.
As we worked we experienced some problems with getting the lower courses to stay in place as the bricks we built up along the formwork. To counter this we ended up working and casting in sections.

As we finished up we noticed that one side of the arch had come away from the formwork. as if the arch had buckled during construction. Propped by the top of the formwork we decided to wait until Monday to strike the formwork to see if the arch is self supporting or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment